Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wisdom Teeth

So I had been told for months that I needed to consider getting my wisdom teeth taken out. My aunt is a dental hygienist and said since they were impacted I needed to get them out asap to avoid any future discomfort.

OK, I thought doesn't sound to bad from how she described it and other friends had told me how easy their surgery went. My fiance recommended a dentist he had gone to and I set up an appointment. To make this story short its been five days since the removal of all four of my wisdom teeth and I just left the dentist office where they had to restitch and pack my bottom right socket. I don't know if any of you all have heard of a dry socket but it's the most painful thing I have experienced so far in my 21 years of life. A dry socket occurs because the blood clot normally expected to occupy the extraction site and initiate its healing has instead been lost. The net result is that the healing of the socket becomes delayed.


I haven't slept good since the surgery. I can't eat anything solid which has caused me to lose weight. I am utterly miserable. Needless to say I really wish I hadn't done this. I cannot wait for the pain to stop so I can eat normal foods again. Especially pizza :)

No comments:

Post a Comment